Monday, September 8, 2008

I miss my music.

I couldn't think of a good title. But yeah, I feel like writing about this. I miss my music. In a sense that, all the music that I've listened to from 2004 onwards, I've listened to it during times when I felt strong emotions, either negative or positive. I don't really miss the times I guess, I miss the music. I got over some music that I listened to back then, that defined my mood, and got new memories for some music that I still listen to. I dedicate this post to the great musicians out there, who gave me the most amazing experiences everytime I chose to give their songs a chance to help me get through the day.

Metallica. I miss you guys. You guys defined my musical days in 2004 and 2005. I listened to ALL your songs, and my playlists had your songs ONLY. The way I was feeling back then, I related to the songs. I got over that phase now. I deleted you from my library. Forever, I guess.

Pink Floyd. I love you guys. I'll never get over this phase, for the sole reason that your stuff is diverse, and I've related to it in almost all phases in those years. And I still do. I had amazing memories while jamming with Shameil on your songs, and I miss those days. And now I have memories of a particular song of yours with Sana. You are to stay, floyd. Forever.

Various blues artists. The phase started in 2007. Yeah, I transformed. I matured. I thought of looking into stuff other than just mushy songs or metal! And I found you, way back from the 50s onwards. I love all you guys. Buddy bro, B.B. King, SRV, Jeff Healey, Eric Clapton and loads of others. You gave me what no other music did; the strong love for the most beautiful musical instrument ever made. The guitar. I play blues to myself now, when I have the time. And smile. These are memories that will always remain.

Ahh. This post just stopped making sense. I guess what I just want to here here is thank everyone who featured in my musical life. Including my friends who suggested stuff, jammed with me, listened to stuff with me and everyone in between. I love you guys. And I love my music. Right now, when there's nothing to do at ALL, it's keeping me alive.

2 comments:

weedkiller said...

i feel left out.y

Anonymous said...

We built memories on so much more than Pink Floyd. Old Love. You telling me I looked like BB King and me getting all fake-offended...

But yes. The floyd is always gonna be there. So are the blues. Pride & Joy, baybeh!